Smoky Quartz Polished Point with Hematite Inclusions 158gm
Smokey Quartz dissipates blocked energy & negativity, providing a mildly sedative affect, helping you to relax. It is an excellent stone for mediation as it assists in grounding, centering and enhancing awareness, dream recollection and channeling abilities
- MIND: Enhances rational, realistic and pragmatic thought processes
- BODY: Helps with headaches, tense shoulders and back, relieves pains and strengthens the nerves
- SPIRIT: Relaxation
- SOUL: Releases tension and helps with stress
- ZODIAC: Capricorn and Sagittarius
- CHAKRAS: Root (1st)
Hematite is a red oxide of iron, like iron rust. The name hematite comes from the Greek word haima, or ema, meaning ‘blood,’ as it shows a blood red color when cut into thin slices. As such, hematite is also called ‘bloodstone.’ Sometimes, when the stone has a layered appearance, like the petals of a flower, it’s called ‘iron rose.’ Hematite has a long history as a material with many different uses. Hematite crystals that are shiny have traditionally been used in mirrors, and are sometimes called specular hematite. From 2500 BC to 500 BC, hematite was used to make cylindrical seals. Hematite has also been ground and powdered, and used by artists as a pigment, or for polishing. In fact, powdered hematite was used by prehistoric man for cave paintings, by the Egyptians to decorate the tombs of pharaohs, and by Native Americans as a war paint. Today, it is still used as pigment, as well as a metal polishing powder called ‘jeweler’s rouge.’
Hematite is a dark, blackish gray opaque stone with a metallic luster. It has an extremely high brilliance and shine and takes a metallic polish that can look silver, pure black, or gunmetal blue. Hematite rates a 6.5 on the hardness scale. Thick crystals are suitable for cutting into gemstones. It is popular for jewelry, however because of its high density, pieces can be heavy. Hematite is used for ornamental pieces, as well as fashioning into necklace beads, pendants and rings. It can also be engraved and has always been popular for carving cameo pieces known as intaglio. Hematite’s value is low, but beautifully engraved pieces are highly valued.
- MIND: Hematite grounds and protects us. It strengthens our connection with the earth, making us feel safe and secure. It endows us with courage, strength, endurance and vitality. A "stone for the mind", Hematite stimulates concentration and focus, enhancing memory and original thought.
- BODY: Hematite utilises the magnetic qualities of our yin-yang energies to balance the meridians within the body and to provide a stable equilibrium between the ethereal nervous system and the physical nervous system. It focuses energy and emotions for balance between the body, mind and spirit.
- SPIRIT: Dissolves negativity and prevents you from absorbing the negativity of others.
- SOUL: Haematite is strong, supporting timidity, boosting self-esteem and survivability, enhancing willpower and reliability, and imparting confidence. It helps to overcome compulsions and addictions, treating overeating, smoking and other forms of overindulgence.
- ZODIAC: Aries, Aquarius
- CHAKRAS: Base Chakra
- Length: 5cm
- Width: 4cm
- Height: 7cm
- Weight: 158gm